The founder of CHANEL, Gabrielle Chanel, is said to have been a “Pygmalion”. She supported Pablo Picasso, Igor Stravinsky, Raymond Radiguet, Luchino Visconti and Jean Cocteau. The word “Pygmalion” derives from Greek mythology, meaning a person who believes in, supports and develops talented artists.
CHANEL Pygmalion Days, based on such a spirit, is a concert series presenting artists selected annually to perform five concerts in a year at CHANEL NEXUS HALL. In this series, which marks our 18th, 78 musicians gained vital experience as performing artists. It is our great pleasure to provide you the rare opportunity to see and hear them attain a deeper artistry with each concert.
Matinée 14:00 - 15:00 / Soirée 17:00 - 18:00
- Matinée Hideaki Fujiwara (Cello)
CHANEL Pygmalion Days 2016 Artist
Piano: Yukino Kaihara
- Soirée Daisuke Yagi (Piano)
- Matinée Miki Yamagata (Piano)
- Soirée Lisa Yasuda (Violin)
- Matinée Ribon Aida (Violin)
CHANEL Pygmalion Days 2014 Artist
- Soirée Yuya Mizuno (Cello)
- Matinée Asako Fukuda (Violin)
Piano: Masaru Yoshitake
- Soirée Hina Maeda (Violin)